Alyssa is an experienced, confident Pilates Instructor with a wealth of knowledge in the health and fitness industry.
Having always had an interest in being able to help people through movement, Al began her journey in the health industry working with the Cerebal Palsy Alliance where part of her job was in a gym helping clients with daily movement goals. From here Al trained as a Pilates Instructor where she spent her first few years in the industry being mentored by Physiotherapists. This enabled Al to watch, learn and develop her own style of teaching whilst working with a range of different clients with varying needs and abilities. Soon Al was taking on vast amounts of 1-1 clients where she would develop specialised programs to help with any specific body, performance or injury maintenance goals.
Al is incredibly passionate for Pilates and you can see this through her incredible teaching style. Having had first hand experience in injury recovery using Pilates, Al herself knows how much Pilates can positively impact your daily life. As a result Al’s sessions are highly focused around being injury friendly, upbeat, fun and effective. Alyssa’s aim in every group class and private session is to not only help you to reach your physical goals, but also encourage mental strength and perseverance all whilst building a confidence from within.
Classes and workouts with Al can be challenging, but she will never push, she will simply assist and encourage you to reach your personal best.
We can guarantee you’ll leave any of Al’s sessions having laughed a lot and feeling 10 times better than when you walked in.
- Advanced certificate in fitness with AIPT
- Studio pilates mat and reformer certification
- Antenatal certification
- Good knee and back cert studio pilates
Outside of the clinic
- Alyssa is also an Actor, Model and Creative Writer
- She is incredibly passionate for dancing and is super keen to join any dance classes local in the mount!
- Staying active is one of Al’s favourite pass times, when she isn’t dancing around, working out in the Pilates studio, you’ll probably find her at Papamoa beach surfing with her friends!
- Passionate for overall health and wellbeing