Ilka is a Pilates Instructor and Personal Trainer who is passionate about helping you achieve your own personal goals. She enjoys seeing you work hard and strengthen the connection between your mind and body. A very hands-on approach to training her clients and being particularly detail orientated means that you will get the most out of every session with Ilka.
She gained her Master in Sport Science in Germany before moving to New Zealand 10 years ago. Since then she has taught Pilates classes and private sessions at one of Auckland’s premier gyms.
A career as a gymnast developed her strong affinity for movement and strive for perfection. She fell in love with the precision of Pilates training many years ago and has continued to broaden her knowledge alongside educators from many different styles of Pilates as well as countless other fitness and rehabilitation courses.
Ilka particularly loves working with clients to:
- maintain mobility and flexibility with age
- achieve specific goals with athletes from many disciplines
- prevent injuries as well as rehabilitate
- improve flexibility for men struggling with tight legs, spines and shoulders
- regain confidence after pelvic floor issues and childbirth
Book a Pilates class or private/semi-private session with Ilka by calling 07 572 0430. Available Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.
- Master in Sport Science
- Fitness A-level License
- Peak Pilates Reformer training
- Pre and Post – natal Pilates
And a bit of behind the scenes…
- Ilka is a foodie and loves exploring new recipes and flavours. She finds making healthy choices for her family so rewarding, but has a little cake addiction too
- She loves walking on the beach and doing plenty of yoga and meditation to relax her busy mind
- She’s a keen dancer and loves snowboarding in the winter